“We offer the best price – and we guarantee it! Profit from our Best Price Guarantee.”
I. How it works
In order to claim our Best Price Guarantee, you need to write an e-mail to email@example.com. Please tell us your customer number, order ID, and the item number of the item for which you want to claim the Best Price Guarantee. Please attach appropriate proof of price, availability, and particular features of the competing offer for this item. Examples of appropriate proof may include links to the relevant item, or photos of brochures or offers of your local retail store.
After verifying the guarantee claim, we refund the difference between the price the consumer paid for this item and the price of the competing offer, including additional costs (especially shipping costs). Refunds will be credited to the customer account of the consumer. Cash refunds aren’t possible.
II. Conditions for claiming the Best Price Guarantee
In order to claim the Best Price Guarantee, the following conditions apply:
- Only consumers may claim the Best Price Guarantee. Consumer means any natural person who buys a product for purposes that do not fall within the sphere of his or her commercial or professional activity. Professional retailers are especially excluded from claiming the Best Price Guarantee.
- The Best Price Guarantee allows the consumer to claim a refund for the difference between the price the consumer paid for the relevant item, including all additional costs, and the price of the competing offer, including all additional costs.
- The competing offer needs to originate from a website operating within Germany, according to its provider identification (legal notice) or a retail store located in Germany. The competing offer needs to originate from a commercial provider and needs to be currently available when claiming the Best Price Guarantee.
- The Best Price Guarantee does not include competing offers that consist of rejected items, display items, returned items, presentation items, production failures, damaged items, as well as price offers due to clearance sales, insolvency sales and end of season sales.
- The competing offer needs to include all additional costs such as shipping costs. In order to compare shipping costs, the standard shipping rates for the relevant item within Germany will be applied.
- Competing offers exclusively are prices at which any consumer can buy the relevant item, and aren’t limited to certain professionals, companies, associations, clubs or similar institutions, customer or discount programs. Individual discounts and benefits remain excluded in defining the price of the competing offer. This especially applies to individual gift coupons and discounts, or premiums within the scope of customer loyalty programs (such as customer cards or incentive programs). Quantity and manufacturer discounts (such as cashback programs) for the relevant item remain excluded as well.
- The relevant item needs to be new, unused, in its original packaging, and undamaged.
- Best Price Guarantee claims are only granted for usual household quantities.
- Best Price Guarantee claims are only granted once for each ordered item.
- The Best Price Guarantee can’t be combined with additional discounts.
- The Best Price Guarantee can only be claimed within a limitation period of 14 days after the conclusion of the purchase contract. The limitation period begins with the receipt of the e-mail that confirms the purchase. In order to keep the deadline of the limitation period, it’s sufficient that we receive an e-mail with the Best Price Guarantee claim within this period. The regulation of §193 BGB does not apply to the calculation of the limitation period.
Existing legal cancellation rights, as well as legal warranty rights of the consumer will not be affected by Best Price Guarantee claims. If the consumer cancels the order of the item or items relevant to claiming the Best Price Guarantee the following applies:
a) The consumer gets a full refund of the purchased item.
b) The entitlement to a credited refund to the customer account, as part of the Best Price Guarantee, ceases as a result of the cancellation. Already credited refunds will be reversed.
c) Upon claiming the Best Price Guarantee, the consumer commits him- or herself to immediately repay credited refunds for the relevant item, in case that he or she cancels the relevant item and the credited refund was already offset with additional orders or other claims on our part.
- The regulations in clause 13 correspondingly apply, in case that the consumer cancels the order of the relevant item in the course of the Best Price Guarantee, due to his or her legal warranty rights.
- We reserve the right to exclude single items from the Best Price Guarantee. In that case, the information about the relevant item will be explicitly pointed out to the consumer. Furthermore we reserve the right to cancel the Best Price Guarantee at any time. In that case, we’ll inform the consumer. Relevant items purchased before the consumer was informed about the cancellation of the Best Price Guarantee, are still covered by the guarantee.